As we celebrate Plastic Free July, we are reflecting on the improvements we have made to be part of the solution to plastic pollution.
Over the last 12 months our three greatest plastic free changes have been:
1. Replaced plastic tags with wool thread to attach swing tags to our garments.
2. Introduced compostable post packages.
3. Increased the number of garments packaged in calico storage bags.
Merino wool is a natural, renewable and biodegradable fibre so in choosing Woolerina you are making a plastic free clothing choice.
1. REPLACED PLASTIC TAGS WITH WOOL THREAD TO ATTACH OUR SWING TAGS TO OUR GARMENTS
This year we replaced the plastic tag that was used to attach the swing tag to a garment. Our swing tags are now attached using a piece of wool yarn, As wool is biodegradable it can be thrown in your scrap bin or on your compost heap.
2. INTRODUCED COMPOSTABLE POST BAG
All of our orders are shipped in a home-compostable mail bag. After you have received your goods simply throw the post bag on your compost heap and it will decompose in approximately 120 days. This post pack can also be reused should you have to return your Woolerina goods.
3. INCREASED THE NUMBER OF GARMENTS PACKAGED IN CALICO STORAGE BAGS
Last year we introduced a calico storage bag to package many of our garments to replace the previously used plastic zip lock bag. This year all garments coming through our workroom are now packaged in a calico storage bag. Read more about the benefits of our calico storage bags here.
* Some garments from previous collections will still be packaged in plastic.